Who is eligible to become a member at NEDC?
Any older person who lives in the postal areas of EH6 and EH7 and parts of EH5 and EH8;
AND who has a diagnosis of dementia from the GP;
AND who is referred by social work;
OR anyone who is in receipt of a direct payment in respect of their day care.
How much does it cost?
Cost is the standard rate across Edinburgh if you are getting the CEC to organise your service for you. Or for people on Direct Payments please contact us.
This amount covers transport with an escort to/from the centre, all activities, a two course meal and snacks.
What activities do you have for me?
A sample of activities currently offered at the Seagrove Centre include:
- Music, singing and dancing
- Life story work in conjunctionwith carers
- Gentle exercise and Wii fit sessions
- Hair and nail care
- Quizzes and games
- Reminiscence discussions and activities
- Face, foot and hand massage
- Task oriented therapy—cooking, baking, gardening, arts and crafts, etc.
- Quiet time/relaxation and reality orientation
- Assistance with personal care