Volunteers are a key asset to life at the Seagrove Centre. However much time you have available, we would love to see you and allow you to share your passion, enthusiasm and ideas with our Members.
Some of the types of activities that you could help out with include:
- Helping with transport
- Assisting with outings
- Blethering over a cuppa
- Leading various activities
- Serving meals
- Being a handy-person around the centre
- Events assistant
- Outreach service assistant – information / coordination etc.
BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING
- Offers a challenge outside of everyday work
- Learning new skills in a different arena
- Chance to meet new people and share interests
- Opportunity to get involved in the local community
- Ability to show current / future employers skills and competencies including personal drive, leadership skills and ability to work hard
- Giving ‘something back’ to society
- Learning about the charity and dementia in general
- Improves self confidence and feelings of self-worth
If you’d like to find out more or reach out to us, feel free to contact us below.