Our staff are supported by Volunteers who are a key asset to the organisation, bringing different skills that assist in the daily running of the centre. Some of their roles include preparing and cooking meals, washing dishes, helping run daily activity groups, gardening, DIY, admin tasks as well as assisting with our transport to collect members.
We continue to work towards retaining our Investors in Volunteers Award which shows much we appreciate the support of our Volunteers and the contribution they make to our service delivery.
BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING
- Offers a challenge outside of everyday work
- Learning new skills in a different arena
- Chance to meet new people and share interests
- Opportunity to get involved in the local community
- Ability to show current / future employers skills and competencies including personal drive, leadership skills and ability to work hard
- Giving ‘something back’ to society
- Learning about the charity and dementia in general
- Improves self confidence and feelings of self-worth
We are always looking for an extra pair of hands so if you find yourself with some free time we would love to see you sharing your passion and skills with our Members.
If you’d like to find out more or reach out to us, feel free to contact us below.